The history of the Catholic Church in Pierre Part is one that is closely tied to the history of several of its neighboring parishes. Our inhabitants, largely Acadians, settled along the bayous of Louisiana in about the year 1775. St. Joseph the Worker Parish was established in 1858 with our first resident priest coming in 1895.
During all these years, parishioners of St. Joseph the Worker have maintained a strong devotion to our chosen patroness, The Blessed Virgin Mary. A statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary sits on a small island adjacent to the church. Mass is held on the Island on the 2nd Saturday of May and the 2nd Saturday of October if weather permits.
We welcomed everyone to join our parish family. St. Joseph the Worker has a strong Christian Formation Program, active Homebound Ministries, Rosary Ministries, Prayer Ministries, Praise and Worship Group, Come, Lord Jesus& Scripture Groups, Ministry of the Sick and a Youth Ministry Group.
We invite you to join us and visit our beautiful historic parish on the bayou!
St. Joseph the Worker Church Bible School Registration Form